Jo and Jake have been performing as a double act for over twenty years. They met at Liverpool University in 1986, where they gained degrees in psychology and sociology.
As The Better Halves they busked their way around the world, going on to found Other Half Productions in 1999. They have since been booked hundreds of times on five continents, including:
- Tours for the British Council of Colombia.
- Performed four of their acts for the gold-prize-winning British Pavilion at the Shanghai Expo.
Performed WatchingMeWatchingYou for the Closing Ceremony of the European Capital of Culture in Porto, Portugal.
- Acted in several collaborations with the Royal Shakespeare Company and Cardboard Citizens – Timon of Athens, Pericles
- Acted in the stage version and BBC Radio 3 play ‘Mincemeat’ – Third Best Show of the Year, 2009 (The Observer); Best Design (Evening Standard).
- Represented the UK in the international circus competition ‘Circa’ in Auch, France.
Both are members of Equity and the National Association of Street Artists.
They are visiting lecturers at The National Centre for Circus Arts.
They hold certificates (passes with credit) in risk assessment from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
They each have public liability insurance for £10 million and fire performance insurance.